World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for ICT Personnel at World Health Organization
Job Title: ICT Personnel at World Health Organization
Ref No: 2302221
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 Months
Objectives of the Programme
- Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Senior Operations Officer of WHO/Nigeria and the direct supervision of the ICT Team lead, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Installation, Administration and Maintenance of the Following: ICT Hardware and Software according to WHO AFRO ICT standard ICT services to the office.
- LAN/WAN and data communications systems Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
- Perform daily server backup of data files Disaster recovery procedures ICT infrastructure against Cybersecurity threat Administer software and updates.
- ReportingMake a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT-related activities and update it at defined periodic intervals make a monthly activity report
- User and Administrative SupportProvide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of IT equipment’s and softwareAssisting in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programs4. Perform other duties as required.
- Essential: University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in electronic or communications engineering or computer technology and ICT Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, etc.).
- Essential: At least 2 years of experience in the implementation, administration, and maintenance of IT network infrastructures, servers and end-user support.
- Desirable: Experience in integrating voice and data communication. Experience with IT Network architecture, Experience in routers and switches configuration, IP addressing and subnetting, Experience in virtualization.
- The job requires a very good knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure (Cisco routers and Switches, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, VPN, VLAN, Firewall, Proxy server, VSAT, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, Virtualization, Cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS), Voice over IP, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Windows end user and server operating system, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office Applications; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and virus protection;
- Good knowledge of Administration of Telecommunication systems;
- Good knowledge on Installation and support for the new collaborative tolls (Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, etc.) and other online video conferencing platforms;
- Good knowledge on users support; Ability to analyse and troubleshoot problems; Ability to write technical documents.
- Good knowledge to Implement and ensure appropriate processes for data protection, backup, disaster recovery, and failover procedures;
- Good knowledge of Database Programming;
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Use of Language Skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at N19,956,269 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2023 (11:59:00 PM).