Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone
ABOUT THE ROLE
Paga is seeking to hire an Area Sales Manager, who will be responsible for delivering agent revenue growth targets, through effective development and management of a sales team in their assigned sub-region. The role involves hands-on supervision of a 15+ field sales persons. He/she will manage all aspects of running an efficient sales team: including hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating and leading direct reports. If this role sounds interesting to you, why not join our team!
- Achievement of commercial targets set for the zone – ASM has ownership for achieving the overall commercial targets set for all territories within their area. They include targets for active agent, transaction mix, transaction value, transaction volume and others as may be assigned.
- Deliver on sub-regional set targets – Analyse /break down regional targets to their FSs (data interpretation)
- Conduct regular spot check on agent activities and sharing with their FSs.
- Ensure that BDs/FSs send detailed weekly reports.
- Strategically train BDs/FSs to achieve set targets.
- Coaching/Mentoring Field Supervisors (FSs) in the assigned territory
- Train and retrain FSs under their supervision to ensure that they train agents to expected standard.
- Mentor, coach and provide immediate correction to FSs and escalating issues to RM where applicable.
- Communicate important company updates to the FSs in their zone and ensuring that the information is understood.
- Assess the activities and performance of FSs under their supervision and report to the RM where applicable.
- Conduct the company wide bi-annual EPA for FSs/BDs.
- Representing Paga in the assigned sub-region
- Ensuring agents are empowered to meet sub-regional target.
- Conduct spot check visits to agent outlets to ensure proper merchandising standards.
- Work closely with Mega Star and Super Star agents for business continuity and growth.
- Share localised ideas on what works in their sub-region with the Regional Manager and best practices across territories.
- Strong leadership
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Take initiative and ownership
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1in business, sales.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in sales
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
Method of Application
Interested ? Click the Apply now button to send your application
To apply for this job please visit paga.bamboohr.com.