Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan-Oyo
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Position
- We are looking for a Professional Database Administrator (DBA) who will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- You should be capable of productive collaboration with the development team to ensure system consistency, provide technical support and identify new requirements. You should also be organized and communicative.
- Create database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Construct and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Ensure data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Ensure minimal database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Document database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure they are followed by the team
- Organize tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a Database Administrator position
- Solid experience with database standards and end user applications
- Solid experience with data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Experience with DBA case tools (front-end or back-end) and third party tools
- Good knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
- Knowledge of programming languages API
- Strong problem solving skills, with algorithmic thinking
- BS degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit interswitch-limited.breezy.hr.