Tony Elumelu Foundation
The main philosophy of the Tony Elumelu Foundation is based on our Founder’s desire to empower a generation of successful for-profit entrepreneurs who drive Africa’s economic and social transformation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Finance Officer at Tony Elumelu Foundation
- Click here for graduate trainee jobs in Nigeria
- Click here for career tips and info
- Click here for internship opportunities
- Click here for scholarship opportunities
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job ID: 384
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full Time
- The Finance Officer shall be responsible for all the finance and accounting activities of the Foundation, preparation of various management reports and financial statements, budgeting, and grant management.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations including account receivables, account payables, accruals, and general ledgers.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal filings.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures in day-to-day transaction processing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure prompt preparation of financial statements for the company.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure an efficient and effective audit process.
- Ensure effective cash flow and liquidity management.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Assist with budget preparation for funding proposals to partners.
- Timely disbursement of funds to the entrepreneurs.
- Ensure the funds received are disbursed in accordance with the agreed terms.
- Provide timely reports on the use of funds in line with the rules and regulations of the partners.
Qualification / Experience Requirement(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any field.
- Professional qualification such as ICAN or ACCA is an advantage.
- A Master’s degree in finance will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in a not-for-profit organisation is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in a finance-related role.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Great verbal and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Great team player.
How to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.hh-converge.com.