EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a healthcare network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics deliver a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Pharmacist at EHA Clinics
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
The Pharmacist will support EHA Clinics department predominantly to:
- Prepare and dispense medications to patients on physician’s order.
- Interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or be referred to the doctor.
- Provide professional advice on cosmetics or para-pharmaceuticals.
- Ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues that way, you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster.
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
- Provide pharmaceutical care services which may include, but are not limited to, patient needs assessment, age and disease-specific drug therapy and patient education, care adjustments based on patient response, and clinical interventions to identify, minimize, and avoid adverse drug reactions.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the clinic drug formulary
- Keep records of all drugs, doses and prices on the automated inventory of the clinic.
- Develop the clinics pharmacy policies and regulation
- Compound medications into specially flavored liquids, topical creams,or other dosage forms suitable for patients’ unique needs
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Develop effective medication plans to minimize the risk of adverse side effects
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage clinical risk.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
- Participate in the quality management system through process monitoring, data analysis, implementation of interventions, and evaluation of those interventions’ efficacy.
- Work to establish and maintain both long-term and short-term goals for the Quality Management Program, keeping track of and document the success of Quality Improvement Projects in achieving QI goals, advising and providing guidance to staff on the priorities and projects of Quality Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy / M.Pharm / PharmD
- Minimum of two (2) years post NYSC progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sector. Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
- Candidates must be a registered member of Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with an up-to-date practicing license
- Completion of compulsory National Youth Service or exemption.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service
- Caring, Compassionate, Dedicated, and Professional
- Working Under Pressure
- Data Analysis
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
Job Grades and Salary / B3
- Lower Limit: 1,937,381.41
- Mid-Point: 2,726,090.20
- Upper Limit: 3,835,882.67
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit www.eha.ng.