Society for Family Health
Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako, Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey. Society for Family Health Nigeria has a mission to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Pharmacist – OSS at Society for Family Health
Job Title: Pharmacist – OSS
Location: Abia , Gombe , Jigawa , Kaduna , Kano , Kebbi , Kwara , Oyo , Plateau , Sokoto
Requisition ID: sfh – 67387
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
- This position will be responsible for the management of Antiretroviral Therapy services through the provision of pharmaceutical services in the One Stop Shop.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Delivery of quality antiretroviral therapy (ART) services, through ensuring an efficient supply of medicines and delivering client-oriented services to promote appropriate use.
- Manage the Pharmacy Unit to ensure excellent delivery of pharmaceutical care and uninterrupted supply of anti-retroviral drugs and other relevant medications.
- Ensure that the project maintains good Pharmacy practice and standards in clinical service delivery.
- Inventory management and reporting of all health commodities in the OSS.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a University Degree in Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Services/Doctor of Pharmacy) from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in public health programs, with a focus on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
- Must possess a proven record of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and implementing health projects conducted with disease control programmes in low-income countries.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the ART regime and current global/national guidelines for dispensing ARV.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Patient counselling
- Adherence to professional ethics
- Accuracy in dealing with prescription.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Method of Application
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- Persons resident in the States where the roles are situated are also encouraged to apply accordingly.
Interested and qualified? Click HERE to apply
To apply for this job please visit sfhnigeria.simplicant.com.