Maersk Group is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people.
Maersk Group offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of procurement supervisor at MAERSK Group.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Rivers | Nigeria
The role of a Procurement Supervisor is one that requires constant attention to detail and an eye for quality. You will be saddled with the below stated responsibilities and more if the need arises.
- Sourcing, Supplier qualification, negotiations, electronic auctions, spend & pipeline management, and contract compliance monitoring.
- Executes sourcing in line with Maersk 6-sourcing steps
- Work with relevant users and team in performing objective supplier qualification with emphasis on Sustainable procurement
- Carryout negotiations using established e-tools and platforms, guided by Nigeria Procurement operating procedure, and protecting the ethics of our e-Procurement platforms
- Drive spends and pipeline management in line with APMM e-platforms and reporting guidelines.
- Lead contract compliance monitoring and management efforts with user departments, tracked via daily management
- Effectively identify contracting opportunities to improve handsfree performance of the terminal, locking prices to keep inflation out and pegging price adjustments to approved, relevant government indexes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Contracts are drafted in line with the existing guidelines and operating procedures to ensuring full cover for WACT and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Review bids to ensure they meet all legal requirements, including being within budget.
- Support in monitoring of progress of sourcing projects by communicating updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Procurement manager and relevant stakeholders in ensuring qualification and registration of suppliers as may be needed from time to time.
- Coordinate with the WACT Procurement Hub team in executing the requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes while effectively seeking out practices that best support the business.
- Coordinate with Stores/Warehouse team in understanding order-point-planning and MRPs, to ensure capturing of accurate lead-time, as well as communicating in clear terms, any bottlenecks and challenges with APMM GFA (Global Framework Agreement) Suppliers so they are timely addressed.
- Set up or support any existing standard work to create more visibility for the Procurement manager, identify any urgent transactions, to support users in delivering their functional obligations.
- Collaborate with accounts payable (AP) teams in establishing and/or improving existing standard work leading to healthy and effective AP process that ensures strong DPOs, keeping with our commitments to Suppliers, thereby enhancing Supplier relationship and protecting the reputation of APMM.
- Ensure internal controls and standard practices are in place and followed, including being fully appraised on Maersk Procurement standards and handbook, Nigeria Procurement SOP and Finance Control Manual, among others.
- Drive periodic supplier performance management exercise to ensure quality of products or services and ensuring improvement plan from Suppliers where performance falls below expectation.
- Fully align and be guided by the Company way of working, applying lean principles and methodologies in the elimination of wastes in systems and processes.
- Constantly seek out best practices with APMM and the industry and seek adoption in the entity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s Degree in a relevant course
- +5 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, or Strategic Sourcing
- Desirable to have at least one of the certifications – PMP, CIPS or CSCP
- Knowledge of procurement strategies and tactics
- Proven Knowledge of International commercial terms (INCO Terms) for use in international transactions
- Must have experience handling large-sized budget and purchases (OPEX & CAPEX)
- ERP experience is a must have
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills, able to juggle between tasks and apply judgement in prioritising tasks
- Apt decision-making skills
- Good industry experience is an added advantage
- Effective stakeholder management
- A good Team player
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast paced environment
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
To apply for this job please visit www.maersk.com.