eTranzact is Africa’s premier e-payments solution provider delivering electronic transaction switching and payment processing solutions across POS, web, mobile, ATMs and cards.
- We are looking for an experienced Product Manager, to function as part of the Product Development team.
- This individual will be passionate about building products that customers love.
- This individual will be joining a fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- This individual must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Under direction of the Head of Products, is responsible for Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Assists the Head of Products in working with business line managers, clients & partners, and the eTranzact’s technology team to develop product scope of work documents and plans
- Supports the planning, management, delivery and testing of products to a wide variety of business units, clients and programs
- Takes ownership of product ensuring that all products are delivered to highest quality standards
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products; Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Creates buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Delivers MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features/activities and corresponding justification based on business and customer impact; Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Works with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. Supports Product Strategy and roadmap definition
- Drives a solution set across development teams (primarily
- Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
- Works closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Masters or MBA will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years of Solid Product Management experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in
- software development and web technologies Knowledge and experience of the payments industry is an advantage
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project Manager certification and Project Management Skills
- Experience in managing QA processes
- Experience with process improvement projects
- Experience in building, testing frameworks and tools
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.