Zee Rice is a Nigerian multinational publicly traded Rice manufacturer and Producer, headquartered in Taraba State. The company is engaged in the manufacture, preparation, Producing, packaging, and distribution of Rice and related products in Nigeria and has a Factory terminal in Wukari, Taraba State.
Location: Wukari, Taraba
Job Category: Warehousing
- Warehouse Officer (WHO) is in charge of inventory in a warehouse or similar space. He/she works as a warehouse worker to receive and record new stock as it comes in, and move stock onto trucks or store shelves as needed.
- He/she create schedules, monitor stock levels at the warehouse and know when to replenish stock.
- The Warehouse Officer is focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. They make sure the equipment is regularly serviced and help train new employees.
- Depending on the job, warehouse officer may have similar duties to a scheduler or logistician. They also oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities.
- But not limited to the above, will perform other related duties as requires.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring the quality of goods
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- B.Sc Certificate or any other professional certificates.
- Communication Skills: Warehouse Officer will need to speak with co-workers and customers on a regular basis.
- Leadership Skills: Warehouse Officer will need resolve conflicts, as well as keep employees motivated and on-task.
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Warehouse Officer will need to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
- Organizational Skills: Multiple orders, people and many moving pieces will keep warehouse Officer on their toes.
Competencies (in order of importance):
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- You would be provided with Housing, Security, Electricity & Water Supply.
How to Apply For Zee Rice