Kuda Bank is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more.
Kuda Bank is recruiting for the vacant positions. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the available positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Internal Control Officer
The successful candidate will work in partnership with all stakeholders. The role will be reporting directly to the Team Lead of Internal Control.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the Internal Controls Framework
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Daily Independent Call Over of all qualifying Transactions within 24 hours of posting and where practicable real-time and as may be advised from time to time.
- Ensuring the integrity of the general ledger through reconciliations and review of the fixed assets register.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners Report, and other Statutory Examiners Report involving departments under your purview.
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy or fraud is noticed.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Internal Control role
- ACA/ACCA certification is an added advantage.
- The Ideal candidate is a critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Fintech experience is an added advantage.
Internal Control Lead
The successful candidate will coordinate and enhance internal controls across the bank and provide assurance to management on the adequacy of controls and adherence to documented policies and procedures. This role reports directly to the Head of Internal Control & Audit,
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of financial controls and business controls advisory experience with a solid financial and management accounting background (at least 2 years in a senior position is preferred)
- ACCA/ACA certification is compulsory.
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles and demonstrated ability to provide solutions to control issues.
- Excellent communication and relationship management abilities.
- Ability to work both individually, and within a team environment.
- Fintech/ Financial service experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.