Mauritius Government Scholarship is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- Host Country: Government of Mauritius
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Stipends | Airfare Tickets
- Deadline: May 26, 2023
Applications for the Scholarships are to be made to the Nominating Agency in the applicant’s country of origin and are NOT to be sent directly to Mauritius by the applicant.
The Nominating Agency, which is typically part of Ministry of Education, will select and nominate up to five (5) candidates for undergraduate programmes (indicating clearly the level of studies for each nominated candidate).
The Nominating Agency of the country of citizenship of the candidates, or the Ministry of Education, will subsequently transmit the application forms to Mauritius.
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 01 January 2024.
- For PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 01 January 2024.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, MPhil or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2023.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Guidelines for Applicants
This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where full-time on-campus studies are run.
- Application Form (Applicants are invited to fill in the form electronically before printing)
- Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Such Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible candidates (five in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD) and submit the duly completed application forms as per the table below:
Method of Application
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division) Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544. Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected] )